måndag 12 mars 2012

Tutorial: Popping brown eyes!

Hello everybody!

Today we are going to make a popping makeup for brown eyes. Yay! If you've investigated the subject before you have probably heard that the color that makes brown eyes pop is blue. Blue eyeshadow is however often difficult to wear. If you want to know how to make a wearable look out of blue eyeshadow, just keep on reading. :)

I got the inspiration for this look from an awesome makeup blog that I've found recently! Click on the link below to check it out. :)

http://www.bowsandcurtseys.com/2012/01/mila-kunis-2012-golden-globes-inspired.html




Step 1. Apply your base and prime your eyes. I'm using e.l.f. eyelid primer in Sheer

Step 2. With a fluffy brush, apply a soft brown in the crease. The color I'm using is Latte by MakeupGeek. Also apply a skin toned eyeshadow on your lid. I've used Blanc type by M.A.C. I've also used Latte to fill in my eyebrows. 


Step 3. Line your upper waterline and lash line with a black kohl pencil, such as Smolder by M.A.C. Using a small brush, blend it out a little, so that there are no harsh lines. You can use a navy blue kohl pencil instead! 

Step 4. On top of the black, apply a shimmery navy blue eyeshadow. I have used Deep truth by M.A.C. Blend it out slightly. You want to have the shape very defined so don't overblend! 
Step 5. Line your lower waterline and lower lash line with the black (or navy blue) kohl pencil. On top of that, apply Deep truth (also on the waterline to fix the kohl pencil). 

Step 6. Mascara and a pair of false eyelashes! :) The lashes I've used are Red Cherry #110.
Finished! :D 

For the lips I chose a peachy pink color, which I don't know the name of since it's an unmarked sample by Oriflame. But any peach lipstick or gloss will work fine with this look! Also use a peachy toned blush. I've used Glow by e.l.f. 
So, I hope that this tutorial has been helpful for all of you with brown peepers out there. :) Of course you can use this look whatever eye color you have! 

Right now I'm debating whether I should do a tutorial for gray eyes or not. I thought first that purple would be awesome with a gray look but I'm using purple for the green eyes look as well so it might not be optimal to do two different tutorials for that. We'll see... 

I hope you're having a lovely day! :) 











1 kommentar:

  1. I love it ! And I tried this makeup today, but I do not have the good brushes...
    I love the blue effect that brings out brown eyes !

    SvaraRadera